The Methods for the Installation of Artificial Sport Grass
1. Discharge the Turf Rolls and Draw the Outline
- The turf roll at diameter of 60cm weights from 500-600kg, normally the usage of professional forklift can ensure the integrity of the turf without damage.
- Uniformly place each turf roll in line as per the arrow direction shown on the outer package.(Unroll the Turf Roll as per the Arrow Indication)
- Figure out the central point of the field, use the steel tape measure, cement nails, snaplines to sketch the functional lines of the field as per the design drawing.
2. Place the Turf and Cut Off the Extra Margins
- Remove the pins at the end of the rolls and put them all into the rubbish bin, avoid falling onto the field.
- Unroll each turf roll, pull them straight and well align the edge seams of the turfs.
- Use the dedicated installation tool “Grass Cutter” for artificial turf to cut off the extra margins of the turf and optimize the gap between the edge lines of two adjoining turf rolls.
3. Coating the Glue
- Upfold the seam parts of two turf rolls then place the joint tape in the central area.
- Use the special linking glue for artificial turf and coat respectively the top of the joint tape and the overlapped turf backing.
- After the glues gets kind of dry and sticky enough, cover the seam parts of two turf rolls onto the joint tape and press tightly.
4. Cutting and Inlay of Functional Lines
- Find out the position for the functional lines fixed at step one, use the dedicates installation tool “line Cutter” for artificial turf to cut off the functional lines.
- Inlay and paste the white functional lines into the cutoff areas, following the way of glue coating indicated in step three.
- Use the seam fix to tightly fix the white functional lines.
5. Infill Silica Sand and Rubber Granule
- Evenly place bags of silica sand or rubber granule at fixed positions.
- Open the package and pour the silica sand or rubber granule onto the field and get them scattered and spread out.
- Use the dedicated installation equipment “Brush Machine” to evenly brush the silica sand and rubber granule into the artificial turf.
6. Test, Inspection and Approval
- Use the testing tool “Floor Test” for artificial turf to measure if the infilled pile height for the silica sand and rubber granule is appropriate.
- Clear off the wastes from the field, including the waste turf after installation, pack them all and carry away.
Above all have been done mark the completion of the installation for artificial turf.